Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bride To Bee!

My Sister is getting married! 
Of course I am going to make it totally awesome


My sister Katherine is a Bee keeper and totally loves Bees. So I had to give her a Bride -to-Bee bridal shower. It was so fun! I went and got my mind working by putting together what I could find on Pintrest.


Katherine asked for a Bed and Bath themed shower as that is what she needed most. She also had no idea what to do for her bathroom. I picked two of her favorite things Paris and Bees. I'm not to in to "cutesy" things SO I went with the Vintage Paris Queen  Bee, Spa theme. When we are done with her bathroom I will add photos of how amazing I know it will turn out. 

Here are the pictures. Enjoy, it is candy to the eyes. 


I made the invites on www.picmonkey.com.
I found the Bee on a Google search. 

My girls room is yellow and white. So I just had to bring this dresser up
for the refreshment table.



This really nice "chip and dip" tray I got from Larrisa over at 
thechocolateinmylife.blogspot.com .. 









 This is the spa station off to the side during the first part of the shower. 
I got the banner and decorations off Etsy you can find it HERE. 
We punched holes in the corners and tied with a dark gold netting. 





Gift table. 
I had this painted frame with lace on it and we clothes pinned their engagement pictures on it. Well we were going to use clothes pins but forgot them so we just taped them. You got to roll with it right?




One of my sisters is not a big fan of games at showers.So we only played  this one  game and it was so much fun. Help the Bride write her vows you can get it HERE 

We did a foot Spa instead of playing traditional shower games.
We got tubs added smooth rocks  and marbles in the bottom with cool water.
(it was really hot that day) We got all these from the dollar store
We had each person mix salt, plain yogurt and raw honey and some essential oils.in their hands and then rub their feet. They then soaked them  in the water.  Each person got about 1 T spoon of the salt, yogurt and honey (people were eating it lol) and then a few drops of oils. Some of the oils we used were Lavender, Geranium and other floral sent blends 




My Sammie Jane Soaking her feet. 


The scrub making station. 
I got this old cart from a thrift store and LOVE IT. 
I will for sure be using it a lot.  
The canisters are from my kitchen. 



Jessica would not stay out of the water for anything. 



We did a contest of who had the most creative gift got a prize. The first was a homemade sign and the other was something for her BooBEES. Katherine is laughing because Emily was pulling on her straps and said "look they dance" 
We gave house plants as the prizes because I want something that was uplifting and that people would love to have and keep. 
It also went more with the Bee theme then candy would. 






4 comments: